Recently, while wandering around the Internet, I found a neat little project
called ditaa. The basic idea is it takes a textual representation of a
diagram, and turns it into a real image. My first thought was that this looked
real neat for use in this blog.
As you may notice, my blog looks a lot different now. On the recommendation of
a few FOSSBoxers, I have moved to Pelican, a Python-based static site
generator. The practical upshot of which is that I can now write posts in
reStructuredText, keep the posts themselves in git, and host …
Last weekend was the American Greetings Hackathon, and it was one of
the most successful yet. We got more than 70 people attending and
working on projects, and most of those projects had at least something
working by the end of the 24 hours.
One of the new projects I had this summer was a project proposed by the
Democrat & Chronicle. The project involved access to a selection of
emails sent to the Greece school district in the wake of the YouTube
video involving several of their students. The idea was that we would …